Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Roni is Moving and Other Assorted News

Roni and Alexis are moving to Spokane, Washington! (about 25 mi. away)  A good move for everyone concerned.  Alexis will be re-enrolled in school in Spokane.  Her teacher, Mrs. Frank, and her little friends in Kindergarten will miss her!

All is well otherwise....  Just getting ready for Xmas.  A little bah-humbug this year but everything will turn out great.  I did alot of baking and candy-making this year.  I have decided to NOT do that next year.  I'll find another way to make friends and family feel special next year.  I have worked too hard to drop the 70 lbs. I dropped this year and I really don't need to be eating fruitcake, toffey, fudge and caramel corn.  I am already looking at ideas for next year.

Weight loss surgery has been a true journey for me.  I am not done yet but I am finding that it is hard to find a substitute for eating -- harder than I thought it would be.....  You don't realize how much of a coping mechanism eating is until you can't do it anymore.  Oh, I can eat.  I can even eat the wrong things.  I pay for it with nausea, dizziness and rapid pulse.  I am truly the world's slowest learner.  I am continuing to be a huge work-in-progress.  thank God for supportive friends, family and a dynamite support group!

We finally got the tree up and decorated.  Check out the pictures.  The kids had a good time putting on the Disney ornaments and candy canes.

No comments: