Saturday, February 6, 2010

Catching up!

Hello to all-- I haven't blogged for forever! Some catching up to do!
First of all, everyone is fine. All of us are healthy!
Veronica married her husband, Mark Ebel. They now have a son, Matthew, who is about 17 months old and absolutely adorable. Veronica works a few hours a week at Safeway in Spokane and also helps Mark with the shop, Ebel's Auto Repair, on Nevada in Spokane. Mark runs a clean shop and stands behind his work.
Alexis is doing well in 2nd grade and is a big help at home. She spends every other weekend with us. She continues to bond with us and also gets some special "just Grandma and me" time.
Amanda and Loren continue their world adventures. They are currently divemasters at an all inclusive resort called Small Hope Bay Lodge on the island of Andros in the Bahamas. They both enjoy the thrill of underwater exploration including caves, wrecks and "blue holes". We hope to visit as a family in June.
Bridget has rec'd her RN and is now in school for her BSN and has said she would like to be a Nurse Practitioner. Her family is doing very well.
Tyler is currently in Iraq at FOB Endeavour. He doesn't like Iraq very much but does enjoy military life. He completed Ranger School last year and we surprised him by attending his graduation. Tyler is working on his college education while in Iraq and hopes to apply for OCS when he returns to the States. Tyler's wife, Chrissy, continues to work on her BA and take care of little Nevaeh. They currently live on Ft. Benning in base housing. Chrissy is currently home-schooling Nevaeh.
Todd continues to have his difficulties. He is currently incarcerated in Florida after violating probation both in Florida and here in Idaho. He is currently completing his sentence in Florida State Dept. of Corrections. We fully support his desire to change and hope he can make the needed changes in life. Todd's children, Nicole, TJ and Tristan, are living with their mom, Michelle, in Pensacola, FL. They a wonderful, active a precocious kids. We expect Todd to be released from custody at the end of September 2010. at that time, he expects to stay in Florida and try to reestablish his life and support his children.
Mike lives in Allegany, NY with his wife, Misty. Mike's children are doing well. Mike still works for Zippo and Misty is an RN.
Phil has lost all of the weight he needed to lose and then some! He looks great and feels a ton better. He bought a new motorcycle last year and I now ride the 2002 with a sidecar. Dylan rides in the sidecar or behind me if Alexis is with us. We plan on riding a great deal this coming summer!
Phil, Dylan and I plan to go to visit Amanda and Loren in the Bahamas this summer. I was supposed to go this month but it just didn't work out for a number of different reasons. We will try again..... Also, Dylan will attend TESH summer day camp for 6 weeks so we will be busy!
I am doing well. I am still fighting the battle of the waistline due mostly to my poor relationship with food. I have struggled with it all my life. I had gastric bypass in 2007 which was a great deal of help and definitely the right decision for me. The surgery is NOT the cure-all for obesity but it is a great tool. I just need to get my act together and continue to modify my eating habits. I am addicted to SUGAR. I have been addicted to sugar all my life. It is to me what heroin is to a junkie. No melodrama here!! (LOL)
There is other news, BIG news but it is not ready for publication as of yet. Nothing sad, I promise!
Until then, I ask for everyone's thoughts and prayers!
Love to all!

No comments: