We have wonderful neighbors and one of them is on a commission for the city so he was the one who got the city workers out here so quickly.
I won't know the extent of the damage until the water damage people come out tomorrow. My wood floor is toast but the appliance people had already agreed in principle to replace the entire floor because an installer drug my Subzero across the floor gouging the heck out of it. I have wet insulation, dry wall, baseboard, etc. Water seeps up through the cracks in the floor when you step on it. Thankfully, the damage is confined to the kitchen.
Frozen and broken pipes are part of life here in the Inland Northwest. There are things you can do to try to prevent it, but, it happens anyway sometimes..... Add'l insulation will be this Spring/Summer project.
Even with this latest little disaster, this family remains truly blessed beyond words..... I thank Heavenly Father for great friends, wonderful neighbors and my ward family. All of the kids are healthy. All the grandkids are happy and healthy. I have more than I need, better than I deserve.
I have my days when I feel like I am rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Pity parties if you will..... I have heard and seen too many things lately that remind me how truly fortunate my family is.... Everything is gonna be OK!
I had my 6 mo check-up for my G-bypass today. I am within 10 lbs. of my goal weight. It's those last 10 that are the hardest to lose. The diet is 1100-1300 cal a day. My BMI was 27.4 today. I am shooting for a BMI of 25 or lower by April. I have to kick up the exercise and knock off the sugar....... I can do it!
Love and hugs y'all!!

No comments:
Post a Comment