Tuesday, April 15, 2008

IT IS STILL SNOWING!!!

It is still snowing.......  Slowing down but still coming down....  We got 1 1/2 inches over night.  Today, it has rained, sleeted, graupeled (meteorological term for soft hail) and snowed. It has been around 34 degrees today but last Saturday and Sunday it was 70-72.  Like they say:  If you don't like the weather in N. Idaho, wait 10 minutes.

Mandy and Loren have signed on for an 18 month commitment as Dive Instructors at a resort in the Bahamas.  The place is called Small Hope Bay Lodge and it's on the island of Andor.  Andor is a 15 min. flight by private aircraft or a 2 1/2 hour boat ride from Nassau.  What can I say?  It's the Bahamas.

Communication with Mandy and Loren has been difficult due to trouble with the island satellite internet connection and I guess there are few phones at the resort,  I'm such a Mom.  I finally called the resort and was able to get Mandy and talk to her briefly.  

Now, that I know they arrived safely on the island, I can exhale.  I am not a "no news is good news" person. There is no wireless internet so they are waiting for a computer connection to be put in their room.... 

I don't have too many details about the job but the resort has a website at
www.smallhope.com.  The website has beautiful pictures.

Roni's pregnancy is going well.  We don't know boy or girl yet but there are things I can do or buy.  Mark is protective and Roni is tired.  All very typical.

I will post more pictures from the pro season as soon as I pick them up and scan them in to the computer.

More later.

No comments: